The inaugural Business for Calderdale Awards took place on Thursday 13th October 2022 at The Venue, Barkisland celebrating the achievements of businesses in the borough over the last year.
Over 310 people attended the glittering Awards Ceremony which was supported by headline sponsor BCA Leisure.
The Winners were:
· Crust and Crumb 77 Ltd – New Business of the Year sponsored by Chadwick Lawrence
· Siddall & Hilton Products Ltd – SME of the Year sponsored by PiB
· Faulkner Moulds – Manufacturer of the Year sponsored by PPS
· Covéa Insurance – Employer of the Year sponsored by Riley & Co
· The Piece Hall – Promotion of Calderdale sponsored by Dean Clough
· Chris Bingham – Entrepreneur of the Year sponsored by Witt UK
· babyballet® – Covid Resilience sponsored by CMBC
· Siddall & Hilton Products Ltd – Business of the Year sponsored by Drive DeVilbiss Healthcare
· Martin Booth from Witt UK was awarded Lifetime Achievement Award sponsored by Lloyds Bank
There were also two Highly Commended Awards:
· Holdsworth House – Highly Commended for Promotion of Calderdale sponsored by Dean Clough
· Claire O’Connor – Highly Commended for Entrepreneur of the Year sponsored by Witt UK
Nick Worsnop, Chair of the Business for Calderdale Committee added, “To say business has been tough for the last two years is an understatement. That’s why we feel it’s more important than ever to come together and celebrate our achievements and shine a spotlight on all business after such difficult and different times. We are so proud of how businesses have made the area a great place to live and work and for helping to put Calderdale on the map. The resilience and determination we have seen businesses show to not only survive, but to thrive has been amazing to see, and we have been astounded with examples of organisations being creative, innovative and enterprising.”