Date: 15th of September 2022
The course will highlight commercial implications of the correct use of the Tariff/Commodity code and why it is so important to have a good understanding of them, which will help towards successful and efficient global business.
Key learning objectives:
- Explanation and importance of the Tariff
- How a Tariff/Commodity code is made up
- Determining the correct code for your products
- Using the General Interpretive Rules (GIR)
- Advanced Tariff Ruling
- The export process and customs information requirements
- Shipments to the EU
- Commodity code declarations into CHIEF and CDS
- Tariff and Trade Agreements
- The Rules of Origin and how to comply and benefit from them
- EUR1 compliance
- BREXIT Impact
- Tariff and Export Licences
- Landed cost analysis
- How to work out the costs of your products in export markets
- Checking overseas tariffs for import compliance and competitiveness
- Sources of information
This course is accredited by the British Chambers of Commerce and delegates will receive one credit towards the Foundation Award in International Trade. You will need to achieve 6 credits to be awarded with the Foundation Award, a nationally recognised qualification.
Training notes will be provided.
This course is designed for
People who may be new to exporting plus experienced business people who may need to keep up with industry updates.
More info on the trainer:
Jeff Lewis MBA BSc MIEx
Jeff Lewis has worked at all levels of business across a wide range of industries within the UK and International Sales arena. In 2009, Jeff became Managing Director of Resultz Ltd., who are Approved International Trainers and Advisors to the Institute of Export, Chambers of Commerce, plus other independent training organisations delivering public and in-house courses on all aspects of international trade.
Please note payment must be made in full before the course.
Individual half day course cost is £185 + VAT for Chamber members and £230 + VAT for non-members.
A discount can be offered when booking 6 or more modules or booking 3 or more delegates on the same course.
In case you are no longer able to attend this training course, please note you must cancel your place at least 7 working days before the course. The cancellation must be in writing and sent to Export indicating the name of the course you are cancelling for and delegate(s) details. If a booking is not cancelled and the delegate does not attend, full event costs will still apply.